1 What defines strength? Points, suit length, controls, filling cards
What is meant by forcing?
2. Very strong hands: opened at the 2 level
2 clubs= game going hand or 23pts
2 diamond, hearts, spades = 8 playing tricks
3, Hands opened at 1 level. Drawing a distinction between ordinary and strong hands (16pts?)
4. Re-bidding in NTs
1NT =15-16; 2NT = 17-18; 3NT 19-20
5. Re-bidding the same suit at 3 level
16+ pts and a 6 card suit
6. The so-called reverse bidding
At least 5-4 shape, 16 pts.
Low level: i.e. 1 diamond, then 2 hearts
High level: I,e.1 heart, then 3 diamonds
7. Responders can reverse with 12+ pts
8. A jump by partner in a new suit. Is this a good idea over your opening bid?